NSW health officials have extended their COVID warnings for three Sydney pubs, and added new venues to the alert list.
Active cases visited The Boatshed Cafe and Bar (lower level) in Narrabeen, Pittwater RSL in Mona Vale and Sankaku Izakaya in Newport while infectious, according to an update sent out on Monday afternoon.
The alert comes just hours after the state recorded 15 new cases linked to Sydney’s northern beaches cluster.
Earlier, authorities revealed another case from the Rose of Australia hotel in Sydney’s inner west had been linked to the cluster.
As a result, the time frame for people who visited the pub on December 15 has been extended.
Anyone at the premises in Erskineville between 7pm and closing on that day is considered a close contact, and must get tested and isolate for 14 days, regardless of the result.
The same advice, to get tested and isolate regardless of result, also applies to anyone at 4 Pines in Newport on December 16, between 4:30pm and 9pm.
Anyone at the Hotel Steyne in Manly on December 17 between 3pm and 7pm must get tested immediately and isolate until they receive a negative result.
It comes as the state’s chief health officer Dr Kerry Chant confirmed on Monday morning the outbreak rose overnight, taking the total number of people linked to the cluster to 83.
She said the Rose of Australia hotel had emerged as a concern following Monday’s new cases.
“That gives added urgency that everyone at that venue is, in fact, a close contact,” she told reporters.
“We are aware the records were incomplete in that we know that some people have heard through friends and family and have been contacted through those means.
“If you know that you‘ve been there through a party, check that everyone is aware of the details.”
Dr Chant also identified The Salon for Hair at Turramurra as another site of “added urgency”, which is now linked to five known cases from the cluster.
The update comes after NSW Health announced a list of nine new venues on Sydney’s northern beaches and eastern suburbs late on Sunday night.
Anyone who visited the following venues during the dates and times listed is considered a close contact and should get tested immediately.
NSW Health said they are also required to self-isolate for 14 days regardless of their test result. The venues include:
- Anytime Fitness, 7 Taronga Place, Mona Vale on Thursday December 17, between 9:50am and 12:45pm;
- G Fitness, 72/80 Evans St, Freshwater on Tuesday December 15, between 11am and 12:45pm;
- 4 Pines, 313 Barrenjoey Rd, Newport on Wednesday December 16, between 4:30pm and 9pm;
- Twenty-One Espresso, 21 Knox St, Double Bay – Any staff who worked on Tuesday December 15, and any patrons seated in the indoor section on that day for more than an hour between 7:10pm and 8:15pm, or between 8:25pm and 9:10pm;
- Garfish Manly, 1/39 E Esplanade, Manly on Thursday December 17, between 6:45pm and 10pm (this was on a previous list but the time period has been revised).
- The Boatshed cafe & Bar, Lower Level, 11 Narrabeen Street, Narrabeen on Monday 14 December, between 2pm and 3pm.
- Pittwater RSL, 82 Mona Vale Road, Mona Vale on Wednesday December 16 between 8pm and 10pm.
- Sankaku Izakaya, 376 Barrenjoey Road, Newport on Thursday December 17 between 2.30pm and 3.30pm.
- Rose of Australia, 1 Swanston Street on Tuesday 15 December after 7pm until closing.
- 4 Pines, 313 Barrenjoey Road, Newport on Wednesday 16 December between 4:30pm and 9pm.
- Avalon Beach Surf Club, 558A Old Barrenjoey Road, Avalon on Tuesday, December 15 between 8:30am and 9am.
People who visited the following venues on the dates and times below are considered a casual contact and should get tested immediately.
NSW Health said casual contacts were required to isolate until they receive a negative test result. The venues include:
- Northern Beaches Indoor Sports Centre, Jacksons Rd, Warriewood on Tuesday December 15, between 6:30pm and 9:30pm;
- Twenty-One Espresso, 21 Knox St, Double Bay. Any patrons who were there for less than an hour, or who sat in the outdoor area on Tuesday December 15 between 7:10pm and 8:15pm, or between 8:25pm and 9:10pm;
- Flower Power, 22 Macpherson St, Warriewood on Friday December 18, between 8:45am and 9:30am;
- Bowen Island Bakery, 383 Barrenjoey Rd, Newport on Friday December 18, between 9am and 9:30am.
- Hotel Steyne, 75 The Corso, Manly on Thursday 17 December between 3pm and 7pm.
- Chillbar, 74 Old Barrenjoey Rd, Avalon Beach on Monday, December 14 or Wednesday, December 16 between 10:30am and 11:30am.
- Olivers Pie Avalon Beach, 1 Careel Head Rd, Avalon Beach on Monday, December 15 between 9am and 9:15am.
- Cortex Gym – Strength and Conditioning Class, 1 Bowden St, Alexandria on Tuesday, December 15.
- Northern Beaches Indoor Sports Centre, 14 Jackson Rd, Warriewood on Tuesday, December 15 between 6:30pm and 9:30pm.
Anyone who was at the following venues on the dates and times below should get tested immediately and isolate until NSW Health provides further information:
- Anytime Fitness Berowra, 25-29 Turner Rd, Berowra on Wednesday, December 16 or Thursday, December 17 between 5:30am and 6:30am.
- Asquith Golf Course, Lord St, Mount Colah on Tuesday, December 15 between 6:30am and 10:30am.
- Aura Threading and Beauty Hornsby, Westfield Hornsby on Thursday, December 17 between 10am and 1:20pm.
- Avalon Beach RSL, 1 Bowling Green Lane, Avalon Beach on Sunday, December 13 between 8:30pm and 9:15pm.
- Avalon Bowling Club, 4 Bowling Green Lane, Avalon Beach on Tuesday, December 15 between 6pm and 8:30pm.
- Avalon Recreation Centre, 59 Old Barrenjoey Rd, Avalon on Thursday, December 17 between 11:50am and 5:20pm.
- Barramee Thai Massage and Spa, 4/42-44 Barrenjoey Rd, Avalon on Wednesday, December 16 between 2pm and 3:30pm.
- Bayview Golf Club, 1825 Pittwater Rd, Mona Vale on Monday, December 7, Tuesday, December 8 or Friday, December 11 between 11:45am and 12:45pm.
- Bunnings Belrose, Austlink Park Niangala Cl, Belrose on Thursday, December 17 between 4pm and 5pm.
- ChaRice Noodle Bar, 2/331-335 Barrenjoey Rd, Newport on Wednesday, December 16 between 1pm and 2:30pm.
- Coffee Brothers Mona Vale, 1/54-56 Darley St, Mona Vale on Saturday, December 12 between 12pm and 1pm.
- Coles, 381 Barrenjoey Rd, Newport on Friday, December 18 between 9am and 10am.
- Dan Murphy Mona Vale, 25-29 Park St, Mona Vale on Thursday, December 17 between 5pm and 6pm.
- KFC Mona Vale, 1B Ponderosa Parade, Warriewood on Friday, December 18 between 12pm and 1pm.
- Kirribilli Hotel Milsons Point, 35-37 Broughton St, Milsons Point on Thursday, December 17 between 12:45pm and 3pm.
- Lovat Restaurant, 316-324 Barrenjoey Rd, Newport on Friday, December 11 between 6:30pm and 8:30pm.
- Macquarie Shopping Centre, Cnr Herring Rd & Waterloo Rd, Macquarie Park on Sunday, December 13 between 11am and 1pm.
- Mr Green & Co North Sydney, 1/66 Berry St, North Sydney on Wednesday, December 16 between 1pm and 2pm.
- Nourished Cafe and Lounge, 17 Avalon Parade, Avalon Beach on Sunday, December 13 between 10am and 11am.
Exposure times for Fitness First Mona Vale, Pittwater Place Shopping Centre has been extended to: Sunday 13 December between 2pm and 4pm, Monday December 14, all day and Wednesday 16 December, all day.
Confirmed cases of coronavirus also travelled on bus route 199 on Saturday December 12 that departed Palm Beach at 10.10am and arrived at Manly Beach at 11.30am.
Other passengers are considered to be casual contacts and have been urged to get tested and isolate until a negative result is received.
Advice for a previous public health alert for 4 Pines, Newport on Saturday December 19 has also been updated.
Anyone who attended the venue on Tuesday December 15 from 6pm to 10pm should get tested immediately and self-isolate for 14 days.
NSW Health urged anyone in the state with the mildest symptoms, such as a headache, fatigue, cough, sore throat or runny nose, to get tested immediately and isolate until a negative result is received.